It is a well-known fact that the Real Estate Industry sees a dip in business during the holidays. With school out and people preparing for the season’s festivities not very many people are looking to strike huge business deals and such. Despite that fact there are many ways to keep your business going. If you are one of those people who would actually like to enjoy your holidays then this is the perfect time to delegate holiday related tasks to your Real Estate Virtual Assistant.
- Send Out Holiday Greetings- This is a great time to send a personalized greeting to our past, current and/or potential clients. Whether it is a gift basket, some homemade treats, a postcard or even an email, use this as an opportunity to really ingrain how much you care and how much you appreciate your contacts. Include specific details to show them that you pay attention and they are important to you. For example “How is your son John doing? Last time we spoke, you told me was preparing for a semester abroad, how did that go?”
- Offer Special Holiday Deals- Who doesn’t love a good deal? The right offer just might pique someone’s interest enough to take time from the holiday hubbub to make a deal. Whether its freebies or rebates, offering an awesome deal can definitely be a great way to try and bring in some business.
- Make Follow-up Phone Calls- Prospecting during the holidays may not be met with the most enthusiasm. So instead use this time to call your past clients. Greet them and ask them how they are doing, also remind them to keep you in mind if any of their friends or family mentions needing a service that you provide during one of their holiday parties. Keep the call quick and simple but sincere.
- Get Ready for After the Holidays- Use the lull to zoom in on concerns that normally get set aside when business is in full swing. Update office systems, clean-up your database, or outline an action plan. Take advantage of the downtime by getting things ready for the upcoming year.
- Gather New Information- During this time of the year there are many conferences that are going on all over the country, do some research and see what would benefit you and your business, you may even get a vacation out of it, bring your family along! If you can’t travel, then pick-up a book or 2 related to your industry and brush-up on ideas and methods you have been wanting to look into.
- Leads- Do you have a list of old leads that you haven’t contacted in a while? This may be a good time to reach out to them again.
- Refine your “branding”- This could be a great time to take a look at your online presence and make it tighter and more prominent. Look at your Social Media accounts and figure out any fine tuning you may be able to do. Do some research and find out what others are doing and see if there is anything you could integrate that you could improve your online presence. Check out your website as well.
- Start your Blog- Blogging can be a great way to establish your expertise in your market. If you haven’t yet, this may be a great time to conceptualize and begin writing your blog. Put emphasis on topics that you feel passionate about and share your wisdom and advice.
- Attend parties and events- Go to as many holiday festivities as you can. Whether it is a local winter carnival, a fancy holiday party or dinner at your Aunt Muriel’s house. Keep an ear out for opportunities but most of all, have fun and connect with people.
- Be Available- Often times, opportunities missed when you are unavailable. Have a hotline open, or someone around to answer emails and other online inquiries and you might stumble upon an unexpected opportunity.
The Holidays are a great opportunity to spend time with your loved ones and take some much needed rest. However, your business does not have to suffer. Having trusted members of your team, like a Virtual Assistant, who can keep the ball rolling no matter what you have going on can prove extremely beneficial.
If you feel that a Virtual Assistant is a good move for your business, click here and schedule your free, no-obligation consultation with MyOutDesk today to find out more.