(Sales Development Strategies) Today’s preference for e-commerce has brought in a whole new way of doing business that benefits some and harms others. As a CEO and entrepreneur, it’s on you to ensure the internet is always to the advantage for your business.
Still, many are not considering the effects of the e-commerce business trend. Those who are at a disadvantage due to e-commerce are losing out on business and income, but there is no indication that it will be over soon.
In this article, you’ll find out:
- Physical businesses aren’t tapping into their online resources enough!
- E-commerce strategies work with any business to INCREASE market share
- What fresh “WORK FROM HOME” businesses need to consider for virtual success
- Sales development strategies by leveraging remote work
- What is the history of e-commerce?
Whether you know it or not, ALL businesses already incorporate e-commerce functions in parts of their operations.
Integrating a physical business into the online marketplace
Even when operating from a commercial location might be necessary, business owners of franchise locations, medical offices, brokerages, financial services, and further professional firms CAN FURTHER BENEFIT their already-existing online presence.
How? By leveraging the e-commerce style operations
What are those? How is my physical business already virtual?
Your business is already functioning like in an e-commerce standpoint because:
- Your business is listed on search engines (Hours, phone number, location)
Yelp, Google, Bing, Facebook
- You use email, contact forms, and further messaging platforms
- You might be already setting & confirming appointments online
- Your newsletters and campaigns are online
It seems to be rather obvious that, in the modern age of technology and connectivity, we have come up with many new ways of doing things that were previously done via traditional methods or other means.
HOWEVER, THERE IS MUCH MORE TO LEVERAGE ONLINE!
To learn exactly how to leverage e-commerce strategies for you business, continue to “Sales Development Strategies.”
History of e-commerce & e-commerce strategies
E-commerce (also known as electronic commerce, e-business, Internet business or online shopping) is the buying and selling of products or services over computer networks.
It is an umbrella term used to describe the buying and selling of products or services over computer networks such as the Internet. This form of electronic business allows CEOs & entrepreneurs to conduct commercial transactions over the Internet. It includes retailing, services and entertainment.
Why has e-commerce become so widespread in today’s marketplace?
- The first reason is the advent of computers and their widespread use. Computers provide unprecedented efficiency for businesses, allowing small ventures to compete with big ones.
- The second reason is the advent of the internet. The internet allows for easy communication between businesses, customers and suppliers.
- The third reason is the availability and relative ease of use of mobile technology such as smartphones. Mobile technology allows for access to information on demand, which in turn provides people with more choices.
- The fourth reason is the relative ease of setting up online businesses, which are cheap to set up and don’t require a lot of overhead.
- The fifth reason is the relative ease of setting up online stores on sites such as Amazon, where sellers can easily set up and start selling their products with very little overhead.
E-commerce is the embodiment of a more equal, globalized playing field for anyone to tap into a data-driven and information-driven network and grab more market share.
Is e-commerce the future for every small business?
Small businesses who incorporate e-commerce style practices have seen how it has greatly changed the way they communicate, sell and buy.
The negative effect of e-commerce is that it has also hurt traditional businesses. Brick and mortar stores have been closing at an alarming rate.
Thus, more traditional businesses are adapting by hybridizing their operations, being able to reap the benefits of accessing an online marketplace for the physical location. People are simply not going out anymore, unless they have a reason!
Sales Development Strategies + Case Study
There are three universal ways to think about sales development strategy. Which approaches are you taking for accelerating your results & profitability?=
Most CEOs & entrepreneurs say they rely on one (or all) of these approaches:
- Relationship-driven service & value using excellent people skills & soft skills.
- Numbers-driven decision-making based on reports & data (such as daily number of leads, average close rates, etc.)
- Heavy emphasis on marketing and creating content for attracting & converting leads.
Sometimes a company will use all approaches, they hire different talents to fill each capacity. For example, one person may be great at talking to people on the phone. Another person might be great at networking and bringing in new leads from other companies or industries. A third person might be great at creating content to attract visitors to their site, and then converting them into leads.
Luckily, we offer relentless talent matching to support the growth and success of your business. You can benefit from adding new talent to your team!
Lead Generation through Outsourcing (Marketing Virtual Assistant)
Awarded Top 1% US financial advisor Marvin Mitchel built an innovative inbound marketing MACHINE, leading him to over $3M in revenue last year alone. He learned that mortgage & healthcare industries were doing the same.
This is how — he hired 2 MyOutDesk Virtual Assistants to prospect, nurture leads, and set appointments for him and his team to close.
“Because of one 15-minute appointment set by a MOD Virtual Professional…that one, landed client just paid for both virtual assistants for the rest of the year.”
MyOutDesk can save you up to 70% on employment costs with experienced, career virtual assistant professionals. To book an interview with those in our talent pool, click here.
So what engine do you want to rev up in your business? MyOutDesk has TOP talent for marketing, admin, and PR.
If the highest-performing financial advisor in the nation is leveraging MyOutDesk virtual assistants, shouldn’t you as well for your own business growth? You are one call away from saving time & growing your business than you ever had. Be ahead of the game.
Gain Market Share with Virtual Solutions
Focus on dollar-productive activities for your business and close more deals! Leverage one of our Virtual Assistants and prepare yourself for more fruitful results. We are here for your success.
Hiring Virtual Assistants can save you up to 70% on traditional employee costs.
We have college-educated professionals in our talent pool with experience in these roles: Sales Development (SDR), Marketing, and General Admin
Add a new hire to your team — without the headaches of payroll, taxes, insurance, retirement, office & equipment costs. Our customers saved over $55 million last year!
- Never miss a lead opportunity
Our client Amy has an SDR who handles at least 100 calls per day, and he reaches out to new leads within 5 minutes of their inquiry.
- Keep a smooth-running virtual office
An administrative assistant will regularly crunch numbers for reports and prepare any documents that you need.
- Ramp up your virtual operations with digital marketing
With a marketing assistant, create full-time marketing campaigns, produce quality content, and increase your online engagement.
ENVISIONING OF A NEW REALITY FOR YOUR BUSINESS
Simply put, MyOutDesk equips entrepreneurs & business owners with tools, strategies, and virtual employees – and when combined, businesses have a competitive edge and find growth while efficient systems and processes are put in place.
MyOutDesk proudly provides additional free business growth guides, books, and strategy calls.
See what we are about, and schedule a free consultation with us. We’ll take the time to learn more about your business and offer solutions to foster top talent and lower operational costs for your company.
Experience The Difference
MyOutDesk can save you up to 70% on employment cost
Claim a free business strategy consultation & ‘Grow Virtual’ Guide
Did You Know? MyOutDesk’s origin story is set during the last global financial crisis of 2008. Yes, that’s right — our business started by scaling businesses with virtual assistants during a recession! Pioneers of virtual assistant services, our first client in 2008 went from five to seventeen VAs with a completely revamped organizational model in short order, and he told MyOutDesk, “Our virtual professionals have shaved $250,000 off our monthly overhead.”