Marketing to a geographic farm area is more than just selling a property or two, it is establishing your reputation, building strong local relationships and taking other steps to ensure that you are go-to real estate agent. It all starts with your marketing strategy, you have to shape and adjust it according the spirit and micro culture of the people you will be working amongst.
Having a Marketing Virtual Assistant may be extremely beneficial for you to keep up on researching the local area, communicating with that area and supporting your overall implementation of the marketing strategy. Schedule your Double My Business Strategy Session today and learn more about hiring a marketing virtual assistant!
Do these things to market in a geographic farm area
- DO reach out to the just listed and just sold properties in the area. Ask your Marketing Virtual assistant to research and find these properties and make sure they are on your mailing list as well. This is a great way to make your presence known in the community.
- DO create a newsletter and e-mail campaign of some sort for the neighborhood. Again, you can have your Marketing Virtual Assistant research contact information and email addresses to the people in your neighborhood. You can include dates for any open houses or events you may be hosting, include some community events and information to show that you are involved and that you care.
- DO brochure box flyers. Aside from your newsletter this is a great way to reach out to the neighborhood and establish your self-branding. Including some properties that you have for sale isn’t a bad idea either. All you need is a great and catchy layout design that you and your marketing virtual assistant can work on together.
- DO open houses – Lots of them. This is a great way not only to meet and interact with your neighbors, but a great jump off point to start conversations with them. This also a great way to glean email addresses and inform them that you would like to add them to your mailing list for your newsletter.
- DO put up farm signs. Put out signs that emphasize your expertise. If your Realtor Association allows it, have your marketing virtual assistant create signs that urge people who may have questions to reach out to you.
- DO special events and special “features”. Aside from open houses, you may want to look into putting up other events such as yard sales or garage sales. There is some debate regarding these kinds of events, so you have to determine if it will work for your community and the neighborhood you are working within. Use different avenues to spread the word and leverage these events to make more connections and build relationships. Also, let them know that you are willing to give out information such as a house or property that is about to be put up for sale.
- DO explore and share your neighborhood. Use your smartphone or your Go-Pro to drive around your neighborhood, Record interesting properties, parks or other cool areas that may bring interest to your community. Ask your Marketing Virtual Assistant to edit them and share them via Facebook, YouTube and even your personal blog.
Don’t do these things to market in a geographic farm area
- DON’T waste your time with community pages on Facebook- Your Facebook page and/or profile should be sufficient. However a group or community page may prove to be less beneficial than helpful. Including people on this page may deter people from receiving your newsletter or emails. Use your Facebook Page or profile instead and have your marketing virtual assistant add people as friends or ask people to “like” your page instead.
- DON’T waste money on magnets, stickers etc… Many a real estate agents can attest to this. Sending out these kinds of materials can be a drain on your time and money. Instead, stick to real estate related pieces and fliers. Postcards re a great alternative too! Have your marketing virtual assistant create lovely postcards with your contact information, if there is a holiday that month then you can use that as a theme. You can also create or find awesome infographics with great and useful information and mail those out.
- DON’T limit yourself. There are so many creative ways in which you can market yourself and your real estate business to ANY area, not just farms. You just have to keep trying different things until you find out what works best for you and the neighborhood you are working in.
A MyOutDesk Marketing Virtual Assistant can be an asset to your team whether you are marketing to a Farm Area or otherwise. Schedule your Double My Business Strategy Session today and find out how a MyOutDesk Virtual Assistant can help support the rapid growth of your real estate team!