SEO meaning is an acronym for Search Engine Optimization. It refers to how you can optimize your website or webpage so that it ranks more highly in search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
SEO is one of the most popular and effective marketing techniques used by companies today. In the past decade, search engine marketing has been one of the fastest-growing industries in North America and Europe and it is only a matter of time before it becomes ubiquitous worldwide.
Search engine optimization’s particular popularity will only be amplified with its affordability due to Google’s algorithm changes which have led to lower cost-per-click advertising rates for business websites with higher quality content than ever before.
General Elements of SEO [Jump to here]
- Marketing Efficiency in a nutshell
- ROI: Reduce Costs with Marketing Virtual Assistants for SEO
- Content Optimization: On-page optimization & Off-page optimization
- Schema in SEO & Keyword research
Learning SEO for improving content on your website [Jump to here]
The tasks that marketing assistants can do to boost SEO [Jump to here]
Focusing on your growth & scaling your operations [Jump to here]
General Elements of SEO
There are several elements, outlined in this article, that can be used to improve your site and boost rankings. Although the first priority is to make sure that you have good and relevant content on your website, there are several other effective strategies for improving your site’s SEO.
Marketing Efficiency in a nutshell:
The return on investment generated by using their SEO services is quite higher than that of other advertising methods. A study has shown that there is a 40-60% conversion rate when it comes to search engine traffic. If simply put- if you place an ad on the internet, only 10% of those potential customers will click your link, but if you rank in the search engine results, 40 – 60% will visit your website.
Reduce Costs with Marketing Virtual Assistants for SEO:
SEO and its processes are commonly managed by virtual assistants. These virtual assistants optimize your online presence, undertake SEO activities, and help with other important elements of the business. This means that you can cut down on around 70% on costs by hiring qualified marketing virtual assistants.
Search Engine Optimization:
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the practice of changing your website or webpage to make it more appealing and improve its ranking on search engine result pages (SERP).
In a nutshell, SEO is how you get your website, higher-up, on the search engines’ pages. It involves creating SEO-friendly content to make it easy for the search engines to find and rank you in their results. There are many factors that go into where a website ranks within the search results.
The content that goes into each webpage has an effect on two areas: relevance and ranking. With the exception of a blog’s content, the entire webpage should make sense and share a link with your target audience, which is why social media is extremely important as a tool for SEO purposes.
SEO can be broken down into two parts: On-page optimization and off-page optimization.
SEO: On-page optimization
On-page optimization involves making sure your web pages are optimized for search engines (i.e., having keywords in the title, listing pages with relevant keywords for each page of your website).
SEO: Off-page optimization
Off-page optimization involves making sure that links to your website are showing up on other websites which can help increase traffic to your page. There’s also an aspect of link building or backlink submission to SEO.
Schema in SEO:
The Schema in SEO is a better way to let Search Engines know about your business. It adds a Rich Snippet on your website – which increases Click-through rate and Conversions.
You can add your location, contact information, hours of operation, directions, and ratings. All this information gets added to the search engine results page (SERP) and it improves your click-through rate because the searchers get more information about your business immediately without having to click on links or go anywhere else.
In order to find the best keywords for your website, you should look at different search engines to see which ones are getting the most traffic and how long a term or phrase is ranking for. This will give you ideas of keywords that are important to your target keyword and what phrases people are looking for. You can also do a simple search in Google, Yahoo, Bing, or any other search engine that you have an account with.
Learning SEO for improving content on your website
After the content is written, there are several things you can do to optimize your content. This is more technical and is called on-page SEO. Use this to improve your rankings in search engines.
Title tags are either the first thing that people see or the only thing that people see on your website. They are very important because they let people know what your site is about and where it is located in Google.
Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword appears in relation to other words on a web page. There has been a lot of debate about keyword density, but it still plays an important role in search engines being able to properly understand each page and rank them accordingly. If you are writing a web page, it is best to have the keyword appear in the first paragraph of the text and 2-3 times throughout the rest of the content. However, if you are using a third-party automated article spinner, you can adjust this setting based on the length of your spun articles.
Page titles act as anchor text for search engines to identify each page on your website. Your keywords should be within 50 words of your page title and should not contain any numbers or special characters.
Meta descriptions are HTML tags that search engines use to display information about each web page within search results pages. The meta description should also be 100-150 characters. Backlinks are important in SEO, but it’s not clear if they should influence the content of the meta description or if they should simply be descriptive.
WordPress is a Content management system (CMS), and there are many ways to write your content. There are also settings that will allow you to choose from different themes for your blog, which is customized for different industries. Themes allow you to customize your layout, colors, fonts, and layout in a way that works with your brand name and is relevant to the industry you specialize in.
SEO Tools & Learning Guides:
There are some tools you can use in order to improve your site’s ranking within search engines, including search console features and website analysis tools (Google Webmaster Tools). You can also find SEO learning guides that will contain many of the SEO tips and best practices for your own site. Many free learning resources are available on Youtube, such as tutorials with step-by-step instructions for improving your on-page optimization, keyword analysis, and other technical aspects of improving your rankings within search engines.
Guide to Google June 2021 Core Update rollout:
1. Google intent to demote sites for lack of fresh content.
2. Google Webmaster will consider search metrics in the assessment of sites’ value and relevance.
3. Google is testing a new Page Layout algorithm, to improve search results for layout inconsistency and poor conversion rate.
According to Google:
Core updates and reassessing content
“There’s nothing wrong with pages that may perform less well in a core update. They haven’t violated our webmaster guidelines nor been subjected to a manual or algorithmic action, as can happen to pages that do violate those guidelines. In fact, there’s nothing in a core update that targets specific pages or sites. Instead, the changes are about improving how our systems assess content overall. These changes may cause some pages that were previously under-rewarded to do better.
One way to think of how a core update operates is to imagine you made a list of the top 100 movies in 2015. A few years later in 2019, you refresh the list. It’s going to naturally change. Some new and wonderful movies that never existed before will now be candidates for inclusion. You might also reassess some films and realize they deserved a higher place on the list than they had before.
The list will change, and films previously higher on the list that move down aren’t bad. There are simply more deserving films that are coming before them.”
Focus on content
As explained, pages that drop after a core update don’t have anything wrong to fix. This said, we understand those who do less well after a core update change may still feel they need to do something. We suggest focusing on ensuring you’re offering the best content you can. That’s what our algorithms seek to reward.
A starting point is to revisit the advice we’ve offered in the past on how to self-assess if you believe you’re offering quality content. We’ve updated that advice with a fresh set of questions to ask yourself about your content:
Content and quality questions
- Does the content provide original information, reporting, research or analysis?
- Does the content provide a substantial, complete or comprehensive description of the topic?
- Does the content provide insightful analysis or interesting information that is beyond obvious?
- If the content draws on other sources, does it avoid simply copying or rewriting those sources and instead provide substantial additional value and originality?
- Does the headline and/or page title provide a descriptive, helpful summary of the content?
- Does the headline and/or page title avoid being exaggerating or shocking in nature?
- Is this the sort of page you’d want to bookmark, share with a friend, or recommend?
- Would you expect to see this content in or referenced by a printed magazine, encyclopedia or book?
- Does the content present information in a way that makes you want to trust it, such as clear sourcing, evidence of the expertise involved, background about the author or the site that publishes it, such as through links to an author page or a site’s About page?
- If you researched the site producing the content, would you come away with an impression that it is well-trusted or widely-recognized as an authority on its topic?
- Is this content written by an expert or enthusiast who demonstrably knows the topic well?
- Is the content free from easily-verified factual errors?
- Would you feel comfortable trusting this content for issues relating to your money or your life?
- Presentation and production questions
- Is the content free from spelling or stylistic issues?
- Was the content produced well, or does it appear sloppy or hastily produced?
- Is the content mass-produced by or outsourced to a large number of creators, or spread across a large network of sites, so that individual pages or sites don’t get as much attention or care?
- Does the content have an excessive amount of ads that distract from or interfere with the main content?
- Does content display well for mobile devices when viewed on them?
- Does the content provide substantial value when compared to other pages in search results?
- Does the content seem to be serving the genuine interests of visitors to the site or does it seem to exist solely by someone attempting to guess what might rank well in search engines?
- Beyond asking yourself these questions, consider having others you trust but who are unaffiliated with your site provide an honest assessment.
- Also consider an audit of the drops you may have experienced. What pages were most impacted and for what types of searches? Look closely at these to understand how they’re assessed against some of the questions above.
The tasks that marketing assistants can do to boost SEO
In the world of Digital Marketing, SEO is one of the cornerstones. It is important for businesses to gain high positions in search engines in order to generate more sales.
When you effectively delegate tasks to a marketing assistant, they can help you with SEO by way of their technical skills. (They do not have to be an SEO expert!)
- Use virtual marketing assistants to maintain the above steps.
- Delegate marketing assistants to boost social media presence, campaign management, and content production.
- Foster a solid SEO website by hyper-focusing on various marketing functions per assistant.
Virtual marketing assistants can be a great boon for a business expansion. They are software savvy and up to date with all the latest trends in the digital world. They can use their analytical skills to suggest you new strategies that work well for your business visibility. Find someone who can understand your brand essence and provide you insightful tips that help you gain higher visibility on all major search engines.
Marketing assistants for Social Media
Social media is a great platform for business visibility. Marketing virtual assistants can improve a business’s presence using social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, or Pinterest. They can use their creativity and communication skills to take a brand’s visibility up a notch by posting & sharing content over these social platforms. Using these platforms, a marketing assistant can help businesses significantly increase their social media presence.
Marketing assistants for content production
Marketing virtual assistants can help to create and edit content such as blog posts, video scripts, and adverts. This will help to improve your site’s ranking on search results pages, which in turn increases the chances of new customers finding your website.
Content writing and content creating for the website is considered one of the main parts of Search Engine Optimization. It involves the creation and updating of content to create a rich keyword-focused website. This type of analysis allows marketers and SEO specialists to work with social media and keyword research. Doing so brings traffic through search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
Marketing assistants for campaign management
Marketing virtual assistants are the right choice for businesses, who have limited budgets and cannot hire an in-house marketing campaign manager. Marketing virtual assistants work with your leadership to execute marketing strategies that will boost their website’s visibility and increase sales. A campaign assistant can help them with their tasks. This includes writing SEO-friendly content and building social media presence. They also conduct market research and do many more such activities that make your business more efficient.
“Outsourcing makes the hustle better — because you’re not burdened with many/growing expenses that you’ll need to figure out how to cover and hit profit”
Focus on your growth & scale your operations
ENVISIONING OF A NEW REALITY FOR YOUR BUSINESS
Simply put, MyOutDesk equips entrepreneurs & business owners with tools, strategies, and virtual employees – and when combined, businesses have a competitive edge and find growth while efficient systems and processes are put in place.
MyOutDesk proudly provides additional free business growth guides, books, and strategy calls.
See what we are about, and schedule a free ‘Double Your Business’ strategy consultation with us. We’ll take the time to learn more about your business and offer solutions to foster top talent and lower operational costs for your company.
Experience The Difference
MyOutDesk can save you up to 70% on employment costs
Claim a free business strategy consultation & ‘Grow Virtual’ Guide
Did You Know? MyOutDesk’s origin story is set during the last global financial crisis of 2008. Yes, that’s right — our business started by scaling businesses with virtual assistants during a recession! Our first client in 2008 went from five to seventeen VAs with a completely revamped organizational model in short order, and he told MyOutDesk, “Our virtual professionals have shaved $250,000 off our monthly overhead.”