Nurturing your real estate leads is an important process. It takes an average homebuyer anywhere from 3-18 months to make the big decision, and you definitely do not want your real estate leads to feel like you’ve forgotten about them. That’s where a good real estate lead nurturing program comes into play, so that you and your virtual assistant can continue to build solid relationships and establish trust.
In order to do that, you need to understand the deciding stages that a home buyer goes through. By knowing and understanding these stages, you can determine the best actions you and your virtual assistant should take next. Schedule your Double My Business Strategy Session today and find outr how a MyOutDesk Virtual Assistant can support you in building a stellar real estate lead nurturing program.
The Stages Of Real Estate Lead Nurturing
- Consideration: In this stage, your leads are probably not ready to talk to an agent since they are still making the decision to buy or sell. I’m sure you have encountered leads who will tell you that they are just looking. You don’t want to scare them off by trying to rush their decision. What you can do is ask them if they want or need any help or information with the home-buying process, post hypothetical questions such as: “If you WERE buying now, what type of home would you be interested in?” Act as a resource or as an expert adviser. You can also ask if you can be in touch via email. Use this venue to introduce yourself and open that door to welcome them to direct any questions they may have to you.
- Online Research: At this stage you will find your leads that are in a similar spot with those in the consideration phase. They are still trying to decide however, they are more active in searching for properties online. A lot of these homebuyers will be willing to speak with an agent, however will not commit to a specific date or meeting at once. Again, emailing these leads will be a great way to make that connection, directing them towards your website. You can establish your expertise and show them you are willing and available to help them when they need it.
- Active Search: The people who are in the active search phase are those who have decided to buy and are ready to meet an agent and see properties for sale. Once your lead has decided it is time to buy or sell, they will immediately want to speak to an agent. It is important to respond quickly and let them know you are determined and focused on getting them what they want. Reach out to them often via phone and email to let them know that you are the best person to help them. Once you know what they want, make sure you have options that fit their criteria.
- Transaction: The transaction phase cover contract to close and is a crucial stage. Make sure that you are consistent and persistent in communicating with your leads who are at this stage. Make sure you are available to address and issues or concerns. This is where you will establish how much of a superstar you are. In this phase emails should consist of specific details of say, final inspections, final walkthroughs etc…
- Post-Sale: In this phase, you have chance to really solidify the connection and relationship with your now client. You want them to see that you are still there for them even after the deal has been closed. You want them to remember you and turn to you if they decide to make another major decision down the line. Initially you can ask them how they like their home, how the move went etc… Later, you can periodically stay in touch and continue to build that relationship with them. This is also a great place to ask for referrals, if your client had a great experience with you they will be happy to recommend you to their friends and loved ones.
Want to learn more? Check out this detailed real estate lead nurture summary by MarketLeader along with their collection of email & SMS scripts! Don’t forget to Schedule your Double My Business Strategy Session today!