You may have heard about how hiring a Virtual Assistant can be most beneficial to your business. We recently compared the costs between hiring an in-house employee and a Virtual Assistant. However, beyond the numbers, it is also important to be informed about the actual tasks they can accomplish. Here is a list of the fundamental tasks a Virtual Assistant can accomplish for you:
As we discussed in our last post, Social media is a powerful tool you can use in to boost your business. Its free, it has great reach and it is accessible to many people. However, according to research, Real Estate related social media accounts churn out the most content and yet garners the lowest rate of engagement. Even though many Real Estate firms follow the advice of Social Media gurus on frequency of posts and posting images, the following results were found:
Recently, Social Media has become an ever present part of our day to day lives. By making it accessible through our smart phones, tablets and other devices that we carry around with us, there really is no reason not to take advantage of the different channels we have in order to boost our online presence.
Here are some noteworthy statistics:
- 90 percent of home buyers searched online at some point during their home buying process. (NAR 2012 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers)
- 14 percent of home buyers first looked online for information about the home buying process. (NAR Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers 2013)
- More than half of Gen Y and Gen X buyers used a mobile device during their home search. Among those who did, 31 percent of Gen Y and 26 percent of Gen X found the home they ultimately purchased via a mobile device. (NAR Home Buyer and Seller Generational Trends Report 2015)
- Real estate related searches on Google grew 253 percent over the past four years. (Google Internal Data, Q3 2012)
This is probably why 91% of Realtors have been reported to be using social Media to some extent. So in the midst of all the information out there and all the competition, how can you ensure that you are utilizing Social Media to increase your visibility with potential customers? Here are the Top 5 tips we have found to be most useful:
Referrals are one of the strongest methods of drawing in business. Referrals can be extremely powerful because people are more likely to direct their business towards an establishment that has been recommended by someone they know and trust.
Over the years, we have built our partnerships through many avenues. Throughout this time, we have found referrals to be the most impactful. We have appreciated all your referrals over time and would like to keep them coming.
Since 2008, MyOutDesk has been dedicated to providing the best Real Estate Virtual Assistant services possible. We strive to continue to provide leverage and value to each one of our valued clients and now, we are giving you even more reasons to pass along that knowledge to your friends and colleagues. We are offering you a very special gift for helping us extend the movement.
MyOutDesk has been around since 2008 and one thing we continually strive for is excellence, one way to achieve that is by growth and improvement. Over the years, MyOutDesk has gone through many changes, improving our staffing, our set-ups and our systems.
One major change this year has been switching over to RingCentral’s GLIP. The description from their website reads: “Glip gives you team collaboration built around real-time messaging with integrated task management, video conferencing, shared calendars and more.” Glip was acquired by RingCentral in June 2015 and is included with RingCentral Office.
It is a well-known fact that the Real Estate Industry sees a dip in business during the holidays. With school out and people preparing for the season’s festivities not very many people are looking to strike huge business deals and such. Despite that fact there are many ways to keep your business going. If you are one of those people who would actually like to enjoy your holidays then this is the perfect time to delegate holiday related tasks to your Real Estate Virtual Assistant.
- Send Out Holiday Greetings- This is a great time to send a personalized greeting to our past, current and/or potential clients. Whether it is a gift basket, some homemade treats, a postcard or even an email, use this as an opportunity to really ingrain how much you care and how much you appreciate your contacts. Include specific details to show them that you pay attention and they are important to you. For example “How is your son John doing? Last time we spoke, you told me was preparing for a semester abroad, how did that go?”
- Offer Special Holiday Deals- Who doesn’t love a good deal? The right offer just might pique someone’s interest enough to take time from the holiday hubbub to make a deal. Whether its freebies or rebates, offering an awesome deal can definitely be a great way to try and bring in some business.
- Make Follow-up Phone Calls- Prospecting during the holidays may not be met with the most enthusiasm. So instead use this time to call your past clients. Greet them and ask them how they are doing, also remind them to keep you in mind if any of their friends or family mentions needing a service that you provide during one of their holiday parties. Keep the call quick and simple but sincere.
- Get Ready for After the Holidays- Use the lull to zoom in on concerns that normally get set aside when business is in full swing. Update office systems, clean-up your database, or outline an action plan. Take advantage of the downtime by getting things ready for the upcoming year.
- Gather New Information- During this time of the year there are many conferences that are going on all over the country, do some research and see what would benefit you and your business, you may even get a vacation out of it, bring your family along! If you can’t travel, then pick-up a book or 2 related to your industry and brush-up on ideas and methods you have been wanting to look into. Read more
When you begin your venture in the Real Estate industry, you get accustomed to working on every aspect of your business. You are involved in every single facet and every single task. This is important because you need to set things-up exactly the way you want them, you create your business set-up just as you want it. As your business grows, you will begin to need more people involved. You will begin to build your team who will bolster your business and help you reach your goals.
One major challenge is learning how to delegate. Knowing how to delegate is an important quality in being a leader. Delegating properly is also a feat of its own. So how do you know if you are delegating properly?
Leaders who delegate properly know how to regularly and fairly measure results. Each person on your team will have unique skill, talents and tasks. Finding a way to measure each member of your team’s performance fairly is essential. This can be achieved by ensuring that each member knows their value in the team, each must be aware of their role and know how they affect the success of the team as a whole. Regularly measuring results, sharing the information of the team and touching base with each individual is key.
Leaders who delegate properly create an open and honest environment. While it is a given that each team member is expected to function and execute their tasks with excellence, it is also important to foster a culture where you are open to new and innovative ideas that may boost performance. It is important for your team members to know that their opinion is valued and that you are open to hearing them. In creating this open and honest environment, a leader who delegates well allows room for the innovation and fresh ideas to grow and to work. Delegating can foster new opportunities for your team to be more inventive.
Leaders who delegate well provide the resources needed to foster growth and excellence. Regardless of cost, effort and time, if it is needed to improve and achieve goals, then it is worth it. As long as it will play a role in achieving goals, then it will never be a waste.
Leaders who delegate well do not micromanage. This can be very difficult especially if you are used to being involved in all aspects of your business from the get-go. Letting go and trusting your team can be a scary prospect. However, by being specific about what you want done and what the goals are and letting your team take care of how to get there, you not only encourage them to work hard towards attaining the goals you set, but you empower them.
Leaders who delegate well motivate. They give recognition where credit is due, they actively participate and track progress of each member and they encourage those who may be having a difficult time. They treat all members of their team with genuine care not just for the work they are doing but for their wellbeing as well.
Delegation can be challenging, especially when you have a business that you have poured your passion into. However, if you are going to be a good leader then you have to ensure that you are not wasting your time doing things that are not in the best interest of your business. Recognizing that all tasks are important, but do not have to be necessarily done by you personally can be challenging.
MyOutDesk can help you find a Real Estate Virtual Assistant who can start you down that road of delegation and help you be the leader you were meant to be. Schedule your free no-obligation consultation by clicking here today!