Your website is up and running, you’ve worked out a great design and you have filled-it with great content. So how do you get more traffic? When 59% of homebuyers begin their home searches online and 95% of buyers use the internet, you want to be sure that when someone is looking in your area, they find your website. You could say, now more than ever, your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is important. We’ve discussed building a winning real estate website before. (See: http://www.myoutdesk.com/tips-for-a-winning-real-estate-website/). Now, let’s talk about getting traffic to that amazing website.
Gaining traffic is a full time effort. Hiring a real estate virtual assistant to manage your website and dedicate time to gaining traffic may be a great first step. While your input and overall approval for anything and everything you publish online will be essential, it can be a great resource to have someone fully dedicated to bolstering your online presence and reach.
So how do you get more traffic? Here are some tips to help you optimize your real estate website.
1. Establish your niche. What sets you apart from everybody else? What do you offer that no one else does? Finding and establishing your niche is key when you wish to increase your website traffic. Pinpoint and highlight the things that you specialize in. Find ways to highlight unique qualities that your business has. Find a need and fill it.
2. Use Local Keyword Phrases. Many home searches begin with specific locations. For example: “Atlanta Realtor.” While it is true that many real estate agents serve several locations, it is advisable to zoom in or highlight the main area in which you do business. Optimize your website for search terms such as:
[City] real estate
[City] homes for sale
[City] real estate listings
[City] real estate agent
These terms or words can be made to appear on several pages throughout your site. The more targeted your real estate website can be, the better. This means that putting a lot of focus on local keywords can be extremely beneficial in building your SEO.
A lot of real estate agents use IDX or Internet Data exchange and use MLS to post properties on their website. This can be a great and easy way to share information about properties you are trying to sell. However, make sure that you attach your own unique content such as comparables, school districts and even photos. This is because google does not credit traffic to you when you simply repost or use the MLS listing. Adding unique content will help with that.
3. Blog. Publishing regular blogs can greatly improve your website traffic. So what do you blog about? A great place to start is to write about the properties that you want to highlight. A real estate agent can have several listings at a time in their docket. However if you have any properties that you are especially keen on selling, write about it. Include the address, special features of the home, talk about the neighborhood and highlight the best qualities of the area.
Talk about the areas and neighborhoods where you operate. Become an expert. To have diversity in your blog and website in general, share what you know about your targeted areas and talk about the benefits of living there. Talk about the community, the food, the culture. Write about things you yourself would like to find out if you were looking into moving to a new location. Don’t forget to throw in your keywords and even tag or name your pictures as these ad SEO value, but most of all ensure that you are producing quality content. Now more than ever, SEO is built with organic quality content. Remember, content is king.
4. Utilize photos and videos. Photographs and videos are key engagement objects anywhere online. People are more likely to be attracted to an image or a video as opposed to content that is all verbiage. Make use of photos of interior and exterior qualities that are especially attractive, video tours and even get testimonials and such. Just be sure to tag and name your images and videos. A real estate virtual assistant can be utilized to clean=up photos, edit videos, upload them and tag and name them correctly on your website, as these tasks can take up a lot of time.
5. Use Social Media. Social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+ are a great way to not only build relationships with your potential and existing clients, but can also be utilized to share the existing content from your real estate website. Properties, blog posts, even photos and videos that are on your site can be shared on your different social media accounts. Not only is it a great way to spread information but great tools on platforms such as Facebook are available to help you in monitoring your content. You can use Pinterest and pin photos from your own website as well. This is another task that can be allocated to your real estate virtual assistant. Have them use different methods strategically to attract people to your site. Hashtags, @ signs tagging, re-tweeting, these can all be used in a variety of ways to gain attention, visibility and traffic for your real estate website.
MyOutDesk’s real estate marketing virtual assistants can help you manage your website, social media and a number of other related tasks so you can focus on other aspects of your business. We also have administrative and prospecting real estate virtual assistants that can be injected into various areas of your business set-up. Call us today for a free no-obligation consultation and find out what a MyOutDesk real estate virtual assistant can do for you. Call 800.583.9950 or email email@example.com today!
1. Bruce Clay Global Internet Marketing Solutions from: http://www.bruceclay.com/blog/real-estate-seo/
2. The Digital House Hunt from: https://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/119294431)